If you know how to use a phone, you know how to use mHealth Connect™. mHealth Connect uses the participant’s smartphone, standard cell phone or landline for automated reminders, feedback, monitoring, advice and support that can link the participant with a care manager, physician or other health care providers in real time.
Tap, Click, Care
A participant with a smartphone receives regularly scheduled text messages. When the participant taps the link, a browser opens and displays a message or question appropriate to that individual’s condition, regimen and schedule.
- Reminders. Some messages may simply be reminders to take medication or keep an appointment with a doctor.
- Readings. mHealth Connect may ask the participant to enter data, such as a blood sugar reading or weight. The participant taps the phone’s keypad to enter the reading.
- Questionnaires. The phone may display multiple-choice or yes/no questions or request a free text response, depending on previous responses and participant history.
For basic cell phones, mHealth Connect also supports responses via simple text messaging. Those with only a home landline or who have difficulty manipulating a cellphone can use GenerationOne’s interactive voice response (IVR) technology to receive and respond to messages verbally.
Customizable to Every Condition and Cohort
mHealth Connect enables the care organization to deliver customized communications for each client, cohort and condition. Furthermore, it uses a dynamic technology to ensure that the right communication occurs at the right time, based on current or trending information.
- Instruction. mHealth Connect may instruct a participant with a low blood sugar reading, for example, to drink a glass of juice.
- Triggers. Participant-specific high and low thresholds are built into mHealth Connect so that alerts can be triggered to caregivers via fax, text and/or email.
- Support. mHealth Connect may ask the participant to schedule an appointment with a doctor or offer a message of support or congratulations when the individual is complying with his or her prescribed regimen.
Connecting the Dots
mHealth Connect does not create these messages in isolation; it connects the dots. The technology tracks the participant’s progress through data that is entered and responses to questions. If asked, “How is your pain since yesterday?” the participant would click on “Better,” “Worse,” or “The same.”
mHealth Connect recognizes trends and readings that are not within normal limits. It then asks additional questions or provides the right advice to help ensure the participant takes the best action. It logs every interaction, exception and trigger, displaying them securely to the clinician in an online dashboard and to the participant through an online portal. Data can be imported into any electronic health records system.
Care managers also receive a comprehensive report suite that allows them to track participants and analyze actionable health information.
Support for Any Condition Imaginable
GenerationOne has developed scores of communication paths for mHealth Connect that are customized for each client’s need to address various diseases, conditions and campaigns. Options can be developed for virtually any condition, an important advantage over competing technologies designed to help manage only one specific disease.
- Multiple communication options. A variety of communications may be available for the same condition and used with the same participant at different times—for instance, once a week or twice a day—to respond to the participant’s current needs and health status.
- Branching technology. Communications branch to customize messaging based on anything that caregivers know about the individual and on any schedule.
- The right path. Any one condition may entail more than a dozen communication paths, but the technology ensures the right path for easy interaction among the care manager, physician and participant.
With mHealth Connect from GenerationOne, care managers can handle more participants, and managers become more efficient because they can identify and focus their efforts 24/7 on those participants who need help at any point in time.